Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Beauty is only skin deep

Today, I'm going to take a break from my normal blog routine to bring you something I feel is very important. At the end of the day, when all the glamour washes away, how do you see yourself?

"Beauty is only skin deep," I've heard this quote since I was a little girl and it stuck with me. For me, this quote is much deeper than what it seems. No matter how beautiful you may be, no matter how much or how little makeup you are wearing, it's whats inside that matters and how you treat others. You may have a full glam look on your face, but that won't make up for the ice you may have in your heart. I came across this quote this other day on Pinterest.. I couldn't have said it better myself.
 
There's so much more to being a "Beauty Guru" than just loving makeup. To me, being a "Guru" is all about inspiring other women, creating an environment where everyone can show their creative side with makeup, and most of all making other women feel beautiful. One thing that I love from the bottom of my heart is helping others. If that's helping someone feel beautiful on a special day, or helping my little sister dress her Barbies. I love it. I see many other "Gurus" who are only passionate about makeup, not about how makeup affects other women. It's important for me to stay humble throughout this journey, and I am so happy to be able to share this experience with so many people who love the same things I do.

When you're feeling down, remember, "You are either as beautiful or as ugly as you believe you are. You define your beauty. That's not a power anyone can have over you." The only reason a person may have a mean bone in their body is because they're not happy with themselves, they have internal demons that they take out on others. Don't let those people tell you, you are not beautiful. I hope every mean person finds it in themselves to love themselves once again.

Secrets to confidence:
1. Wake up, look in the mirror, and love what you see. Tell yourself "I love you." I know, how corny, but trust me when I tell you it works.
2. Smile at strangers, at your siblings, parents, boss, everyone. Don't let someone take your smile away.
3. Forget other peoples standards. Create your own. Set your own standards for yourself, and set them high because YOU CAN DO IT.
4. Contribute to something. You'll feel great about yourself knowing you're helping someone reach their goals.
5. Stay HUMBLE. This is so near to my heart, in the world we live in today, it's always important to remember where you came from. Your roots are what make you, you.
6. Strive to be different. Don't let anyone take your shine away, you've earned it!

I hope you enjoyed today's post. Please follow my blog, leave any questions or comments! Thank you for reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment