Sunday, November 22, 2015

Salon Blowout Without Leaving Your house!

Who doesn't love a full, voluminous, bouncy blow out from the salon? Let's be honest, salon prices are outrageous, that's why I'm going to show you how to give yourself the ultimate blowout without going to the salon!
 
I bought all products from Sally's Beauty Supply!
For this look, you're going to need a blow-drier with nozzle, one large boar bristle round brush, medium size ceramic round brush, detangling brush, and clips or hair-tie.

I prefer to let my hair air dry over night, but if you want to start with wet hair fresh out the shower I would recommend that you flip your hair upside down and rough dry until your hair is 85% dry.

First, I detangle my hair with a detangling brush (The Wet Brush is a great option.)

After detangling, I seperate my hair into 1-2 inch sections starting from the bottom. With my large boar bristle brush I begin to smooth out small sections at a time. Boar bristle is great for adding shine to your look, and because its so large it will add volume as well. Focus on the roots first, getting the roots smooth is important to avoid frizz. Also, roll your brush under when you are drying the ends, this will create a slight curl and will add bounce to the finished look.




















I continue this process with my large round brush until my hair is completely dry and smooth. The key to this look is to smooth out your hair so you don't have to use a flat iron. I stop right at the crown of my head. This is when things get serious, and important for this look.




















The top of the head is where you want the most volume and bounce. I am going to start with smoothing out my bangs. I like to take my medium size round brush and put it at the base of my bangs. Then, I over direct my bangs forward, curling the ends under. Over directing the hair creates movement and volume!



I am going to repeat the process of taking small sesctions, over directing them forward, and curling them under until all the hair has been smoothed out. I am also going to continue to use a medium (1-2 inch) ceramic barrel brush. 

Blowing out your own hair is going to take practice, lots of patience, and a ton of elbow grease. You can skip arm day at the gym after blowing out your hair! The final product is a beautiful blow out that cost you nothing.

TIPS
  • Use a heat protector, my favorite is by Tresseme.
  • Take your time while blowing out your hair. 
  • Small sections of hair are key for smooth hair all over.
I hope you enjoy this hair tutorial! Let me know if you try it out on yourself! Please share this to anyone who loves to do their own hair. Follow my blog for more Beauty Insider everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment