Thursday, December 3, 2015

HAIR AND MAKEUP INSPIRED BY DEMI LOVATO @ the AMA's



If you watched the 2015 AMA's you would know how flawless Demi Lovato looked on the red carpet and during her performance! Once I saw her, I knew I had to recreate this look! She had lovely finger waves in her hair, a super dark smokey eye with black on the lid, and a beautiful burgundy lip. If you're feeling bold, this look would be perfect for a holiday party or a night out!







Let's start with the hair.. I always like to begin with my hair first to avoid getting hairspray on my face and ruining my makeup! Demi's hair has a vintage feel to it, so I wanted to create old Hollywood waves. To do this, you can use a curling iron, wand, or straightener. (YES! A straightener!) I prefer to use my straightener because my hair tends to last longer that way than with a wand. I created a deep part on the right side of my head then I sectioned my hair. Starting from the bottom I curled all my hair inwards towards. The key to this look is to curl all the hair the same way. If you want your hair to last all night, I would recommend that you pin each curl while its still hot, and leave until it is completely cooled. Once I curled all the hair in the same direction I let my hair cool. I usually let my hair cool until I am done with my makeup, this will also help the hair stay curled longer. Once the cooling process is done, I brush out the curls until they turn into waves. Be very gentle with your hair at this point. Start at the top of your head and go straight down. This may take a while but you should end up with waves that create an "S" shape.


Now, onto the makeup.. I created this look using my BH Cosmetics 5th Edition palette. But, you can use any shadow palettes you have.

First, I start with my usual Master Conceal by Maybelline as a base. I use a chocolate shadow as my transition shade with a large fluffy blending brush. I start every look with these two products, they're definitely my GO TO products!











Then, I take my black shadow on a shader brush. I like to pack on the product, the darker the shadow, the better this look will turn out. QUICK TIP: I recommend doing your foundation last because you will have a TON of fall out from the black shadow. I pack on the black shadow only on my eyelid.











Now, BLEND until your arms fall off. If your arms aren't hurting, you didn't blend enough. Adding the chocolate shade at the beginning of the look will make blending the black so much easier. I use a clay/brick red color to blend out the black with a tapered blending brush. I like to use circular/ windshield wiper motions to blend out the black. TAKE YOUR TIME. This is the most important part of the tutorial, you don't want to end up with a black eye, so be sure to take your time blending.


At this point, I took a baby wipe and cleaned up all the fall out under my eye (IT WAS A LOT). I highlighted my inner corner with a champagne color and also my brow bone with a flesh toned color.

Time to apply Falsies! I am using Grand Glamour by Vegas Nay. Of course you dont have to use falsies but it will bring the whole look together. I also smoked out the bottom lash line with black and the two other shades I used in the crease.


Here's the finished look! I hope you enjoyed this look inspired by DEMI. Please leave any comments down below. If you have any questions/ business inquires please email me @ beautyinsiderbyna@gmail.com.
xoxo
-Feliciana

No comments:

Post a Comment