Friday, November 20, 2015

5 Ways to Exfoliate

Want clean, glowing, refreshed skin? EXFOLIATE! Exfoliating gives you a smooth canvas for lotions and potions to effortlessly absorb into your face or body. After exfoliating, you're left with smooth, plump skin. Here are my favorite ways to exfoliate! 


Facial Exfoliation 

1. Silicone Facial Brush 
You can find these at Walmart in the Beauty section, or on Amazon. I use my scrubber every day. I love it for mild exfoliation. Not only does it remove the dead skin cells, it also helps to remove all the makeup built up in your pores.


2. St Ives Blemish Control Scrub 
If you have acne prone skin, this is a great option for you! Salicylic acid is a key ingredient in this scrub. It's also a key ingredient in many acne fighting remedies. With this scrub, a little goes a long way, I use a quarter size amount for my whole face. Rub the scrub in circular motions, going in an upwards direction, this way you're fighting gravity and won't cause premature aging! 


3.  DIY Coconut Oil Exfoliating Scrub
For this scrub you will need coconut oil and pure cane sugar. Its super simple to make, I have talked about my love for this scrub in my Beauty Tip Tuesday post. Organic unrefined coconut oil is best to use for this scrub. If you are making this scrub for facial use: in a small container, mix one tablespoon of coconut oil and two teaspoons of pure can sugar. Apply gently in circular motions, in a upward direction. I promise you, your skin will feel better than ever before. 



Body Exfoliation 
  
4. Exfoliation Loofah Pads
Not only is the DIY Coconut Oil Scrub good for your face, its also great for your body! (Put a few drops of your favorite essential oil, I like lavender oil.) I like to use my DIY scrub with a loofah pad for ultimate exfoliation.  Be sure to change out your loofah every two weeks to avoid unwanted bacteria. 


5. Shaving 
Believe it or not, shaving is a great way to exfoliate your legs and arms. When you shave not only are you removing body hair, you're also taking a layer of dead skin off. That's why your legs are touch-ably soft when you are done shaving! 



Tips:
  • Be sure to always use a moisturizer after any type of exfoliation treatment to prevent dry skin. 
  • Don't over do it. Exfoliating is great, but there is such thing as too much. Once or twice a week is enough to give you clean, soft skin.


All questions are comments are appreciated! Follow my blog for Beauty Insider every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment