Thursday, November 19, 2015

Plum Eye Look

Purples and plum eye shadows are perfect for brown eyes! I have broken down my favorite eye look into easy to follow steps. For this look I used the Fifth Edition 120 Color Eye Shadow Palette by BH Cosmetics, but this look can be used with any plum shades you like, or change out the colors to fit your look for the day.

First, I started off with a clean eye and applied a base. For my base I am using Master Conceal by Maybelline in the shade 10 Fair. I like to use this as a base because it helps my eye shadow stay all day. After I applied the concealer, I set it with a skin tone powder.
 















Next, I applied a tan eye shadow from my Fifth Edition Palette. I used a large fluffy blending brush for this step. The key is to blend until you have flawless transition and no harsh lines. It won't look like much now, but adding a transiton shade to the top of the crease bone will make blending all other shadows so much easier.









I applied a second brick tone shade into my crease. I used a smaller blending brush for more precision. Again, blend until you can blend any more! By adding a brick tone, red-brown shade I am creading dimension in the crease. 














After my transition shades were blended together, I took the darkest plum shade on my palette and applied it to the outer corner until I covered about 1/3 of my eye. Be sure to pack this color on using a patting motion to get the most pigmentation and color pay off. With the same brush (shader brush) I also applied a small amount of black to deepen the look. By the end of the tutorial, you will see that I have added more dark plum and black to make the color POP!


Next comes the middle and inner corner, for this step I used a different shader brush. I applied a lighter plum color and a cranberry color to the middle lid. For the outer corner I applied a metallic plum shade. I made sure to pack these colors on as well.  


 
Next comes the winged liner. This step is optional! If you're not comfortable with a wing, you can simply have a thin line of eyeliner, or you can skip this step all together! I used my favorite cream eyeliner by E.L.F. with a small angled brush. Since this liner is smudge proof you can even apply it to your water line with your angled brush for an even more dramatic look.













Another optional step, but one of my favorites, FALSIES! I am wearing falsies by Vegas Nay in the style Grand Glamour. These are definitley one of my favorites for a night out, or dramatic look. You can throw on your favorite pair of falsies or a few coats of your favorite mascara.
 




Once I think I'm done I like to take a step back, check my work, and make any changes necessary. I tend to add more shadow where needed, and blend in places that don't look blended enough! I hope you enjoy my complete eye look!



Please leave any questions or comments down below! Don't forget to follow my blog for Beauty Insider every day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment