Monday, November 30, 2015

In-depth Baking Tutorial

For this tutorial you're going to need flour, eggs, butter... Just kidding! We're not doing that kind of baking today, this is a beauty blog after all. We're going to be baking our faces! That's right our faces. Earlier today I wrote a review for my Airspun Loose Face Powder and I promised a tutorial on how I use this product. Let's get right into the good stuff.

The stars of today show will be Airspun Loose Face Powder, Revlon Colorstay Concealer, Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Palette, Real Techniques Contour Brush, large fluffy brush, makeup wedge, and a beauty bud (mine is by Younique).


I started this tutorial with a fresh application of my favorite foundation.


Next, I applied my Revlon Colorstay concealer in an upside down triangle under my eye. I like my concealer a few shades lighter that my skin tone to help highlight the centers of my face. You'll feel a little silly doing this but you'll get flawless results every time. With this concealer (and most) a little goes a long way. If you put too much, you'll have trouble blending it out later.




















With my beauty bud, I blend out each eye until everything is seamless. It's best to dampen your beauty blender when blending out thick products; a damp beauty bud disperses the product evenly. Be sure to work out the product under your eye, you don't want it to cake up you pack on the setting powder.



















Immediately after I blend out the concealer, I take my makeup wedge and pack on the Airspun powder. It looks like a lot, but this is where we get the term "baking". After you pack on the powder, leave it for five to ten minutes. This process will soak up all the oils under your eye that cause creasing. By leaving the powder to "bake" you are ensuring that your concealer will not budge or crease all day. With the edge of the beauty wedge I like to place some powder under my cheek bones to help contour my cheeks and also let that bake. While your baking, you can work on your eye shadow, etc.




















After the timer goes off, in one swift motion wipe off all the excess powder with a large fluffy brush. Since the setting powder is translucent, it doesnt give me any color. I like to take my ABH Contour Kit, with my RT Contour Brush and apply the yellowish shade under my eyes just to give me some color!





















Now, you're left with a flawless under eye that will last all day/night!  I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial on how to BAKE. Please follow my blog for daily Beauty Insider.

No comments:

Post a Comment