Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Beauty Tip Tuesday: Lip Scrub

Today's beauty tip is all about lip scrubs!

Lip scrubs are important if you're a fan of matte liquid lipsticks like I am. Matte lipsticks tend to cake up on the dry skin of your lips because most of them aren't moisturizing. I have a solution for you- DIY 2 ingredient lip scrub.

For this scrub you're going to need 2 parts sugar to 1 part oil. I used Organic Coconut Sugar and Vitamin E oil, you can use what you have on hand. Coconut oil, olive oil, or grape seed oil work well. As for the sugar, pure cane sugar or brown sugar work great. You want the consistency of the scrub to be sorta like wet sand. 




















Once you have your concoction all mixed up, you're ready to apply. I like to take a small amount, about the size of a pea and rub it in between my lips. I love doing this before I apply a matte lipstick because I don't have to worry about my lips drying out throughout the day. The oil in this scrub moisturizes my lips just enough so I won't have dry lips by the end of the night. As you can see from the before and after pictures, before the scrub my lips look dull and dry, but after the scrub my lips look flushed and have more of a pink/red tone than before. This happens because I am agitating my lips, this will also give a slightly more plump look, nothing drastic. When you're done rubbing the scrub on your lips, simply wipe it off with a damp paper towel. (or eat it, it is all natural after all LOL) I recommend doing this before you apply foundation so you don't disrupt your flawless foundation application.


Now you're ready to rock all the matte lipsticks your heart desires! I hope you enjoyed today's Beauty Tip Tuesday!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment